Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Study Hairstyle


Hairstyles

So today as I was studying, my hair (That is currently in a  transition period between short and long) kept getting in my eyes. I know I need a haircut but just don't know what I want yet! 
It always does this, mainly because I have a side-parting, a very long side fringe, plus the hair itself is pretty straight and fine, too.

Anyway, I decided to attempt a side French braid to get it out of my eyes, and it seems to have worked way better than expected!

I took 3 pieces of hair from the top layer of hair on the right side of my head ( My hair naturally falls in a side-parting) and began to braid it, adding hair from below on the 2 outside strands of the braid. At the back, my hair was too short for some sort of pretty ponytail or bun, so I tied the braid with a little elastic band, then  pinned my remaining left hand side hair over it to hide the odd half-n-half look. I needed a few more pins so it still ended up looking a bit awkward, but hey, it's ok for a first try! :)

The pins are really visible because of the camera flash, so forgive that :)

The slightly awkward back, Plus my pasty white neck :P
I think that, for the amount of time and effort it took, it looks quite pretty!
I then had an idea of detracting from the pins by putting something in my hair. People on places like Pinterest always add pretty things to their hair to complete a look or make it look more summery and delightful. I shamelessly copied this!
These roses were bought at a big craft shop in the upper north island, I don't know what their actual purpose is.. Maybe for scrapbooking??

It's a pity I'm not going anywhere today because now I wish I had a maroon dress and a barbeque to attend! (Pity it's still technically winter in NZ so I would freeze.. [And by freeze I mean the coldest it ever gets in Auckland is about 2 degrees C. (35 F.) and is probably currently about 15 or 60 F.].. Yes I'm probably overreacting and should be happy I don't live in places where it actually snows..) 
Anyway, although people in NZ really love their bbqs, it's just not warm enough to be fun!

Hope you like the hairstyle, feel free to let me know what you think, and if you are just starting a blog, too, let me know and I'll check it out! We can get a support group going, guys! :P

Bye for now

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment