Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Eating out :)


This type of post will be about my attempts at cooking and baking, also reviews of restaurants and places I go. If you're not interested, just ignore until it's replaced by a new post :)

A few days ago I unexpectedly found myself going on a brunch date with my boyfriend. We've never really done this before because we're always busy with our degrees and generally only seem to make time for dinner dates.

This time we found a café in Auckland's CBD that looked really nice, the food and drinks were really good, too! Here's the link if you ever happen to be around, it's called Lorne Street Cafe and Restaurant. Like the majority of NZ cafés and restaurants, unless they're quite popular, they often don't have websites. This is frustrating, but sites that give them reviews can still often be found..

I ordered a chai latte ($4.50NZD/3.50USD) and he got a mocha ($3NZD/2.40USD). I really prefer strong drinks to the weak ones that you find at so many cafés in New Zealand, so was pleasantly surprised when my latte was hot and spicy and sweet and creamy all in one (Mmmm) and the mocha, too, was nice and hot and strong.

Mini cookie with my latte :3

For mains, we ordered sweet-corn fritters and steak and chips for him.
My fritters were really nice they came with a little bit of onion 'salsa', sour cream, avocado, side salad and lots of bacon :)

His steak came with a salad, chips, onion relish and cheese sauce. 

mmmmmm Hope you're not hungry when you read this..
Overall, it was a nice date because of the good food and drinks, the nice atmosphere of the place, and friendly waitresses.  I would recommend it to anyone in the area, though I'm fairly sure that most readers are probably american?

Anyway, I'm off now, can't stop looking at modcloth and wondering if I should attempt to buy something (What if it doesn't fit!) Yeah... first world problems.. :P

Bye for now!

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment