Friday, August 31, 2012

Outfit of the day #2

The first official day of spring tomorrow! I got a little overenthusiastic and dressed as though it was a lot warmer than it is.. though in reality it was way too cold for that outfit. 
I particularly love the blouse, it was passed on from my grandma's next door neighbour to grandma to my mum to me (It's from the early 90's). I haven't seen anything like it in shops and think it's a really nice material. It even looks a bit Shakespearean to me, and I really love Shakespeare as a writer, so maybe that's another reason I think it's an amazing find.. Looks great with tight jeans or pencil skirts!

It tends to ride up, making it look like I need to pull my jeans up.. oops
You can't really see, but the jeans have that 'worn' look, which I can't say I love, but it still works ok (Plus I've never found a pair of pale blue skinnies that actually look good on my legs apart from these..)
I got them in a recent trip to Australia, where the shopping is kinda just like New Zealand but with more selection and a lot more of a 'surf' style (At least in the Gold Coast!)

I still haven't brought myself to move into the 'statement necklace' faze, because I swear whenever I wear big necklaces, I look like a little kid trying to dress up in their mum's clothes.. Therefore I always go for delicate, pretty, small pendant-type necklaces, especially with long chains <3

Forgive the hair, it's actually naturally pretty straight but it was wet and in a bun so it did some rather fluffy things in the photo.

Even though the shoes I'm wearing aren't really very 'fashionable' any more, I think they are still a flattering style on most people and hence don't want to stop wearing them haha..

Blouse/top (new?) vintage, NZ made brand Etam (1990) 
Rocking horse necklace: Diva (2011)
Cameo pendant: gift from sister bought on Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby (2011)
Jeans: ValleyGirl Australia (2011)
Boots: Hannahs (2011)
Gold knot ring: Equip (2009)
Gold & Onyx ring: Rainbow Doorways, Arrowtown (2009) I love this ring, was bought as a replacement for one I lost that had a lot of sentimental value. I found it in a tiny shop in the beautiful little town- Arrowtown (South Island). If you live in/ ever visit NZ, I recommend going there, it's beautiful.


Looks nice in this light :)

I love gold rings
Still think they're cute 



No comments:

Post a Comment